Try not to eat them all in one night:)
1/2 cup butter, browned 1 cup brown sugar 1 egg 1 tbsp vanilla 1 cup flour 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup pecans
1. Brown one stick of butter in a small pan
*Let butter melt on medium heat, then continue cooking. It turn brown and smell nuttier. If it starts to foam just stir until the foam dissolves.
2. Mix sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add in the butter.
3. Combine that the flour and baking powder. Fold in the pecans.
4. Refrigerate the dough for half an hour, meanwhile preheat the oven to 350.
5. Form the dough into balls, roll in white sugar, and bake for 12 minutes.
Can you believe these cookies were originally intended to be blondies? I was experimenting with a blondie recipe (coming soon) and ended up with a thicker dough than expected. So, I risked it all and baked them as cookies. Boy, am I glad I didn't throw out the dough. These are heavenly. Absolutely delightful. Buttery and rich, you only need one or two. Look at how rolling them in sugar makes them sparkle. Perfect for cozy winter nights, but also any time you want to indulge.